Monday, August 8, 2016

The Weekend

I managed to sleep away another weekend. I knew by Wednesday of last week that I was overwhelmingly tired, but I didn't realize the extent. Friday through Saturday I slept 14 hours. Saturday night though Sunday I slept another 15. If you add in the 7 hours the score ends up like this. I got 52 hours this weekend and I ended up sleeping through 35 of it. I know that my body needs it. I know that without it I will crash and burn. But there is so much more that I wish I had the strength to do. Every Friday I get asked what my plans are for the weekend. I make up lies for my co-workers so they won't know how bad things are. Things are bad. I should go back to my doctors, but it seems useless to me.

In the hours that I was awake, I watched Olympic swimming and gymnastics. I got the baby sweater mostly finished and decided that I'd rather just finish The Red-Headed Wonder's sweater. I had started it bottom-up. But after doing a few of the seamless top down sweaters I know this is the way I want to approach this project. I took out about 13 inches of knitting and started over again. I am using the Flax pattern by TinCan Knits. It is a free pattern on Ravelry. I am following it fairly closely, but not working the garter stitches, as I feel that it really doesn't add anything to the sweater. All I really want is a good basic sweater. This pattern offers it and it is adapted to fit a large variety of sizes from newborn to an adult male. I have made pretty good progress on the yolk. I am a little more than half way through it. I am using Lion Brand Wool Ease in Hunter Green. I think the color will look very nice on Red. I decided on a wool blend because the child refuses to wear a jacket, even in the dead of winter. I understand that it doesn't get below zero in the southern Alabama town he is growing up in, but it does get cold enough to need a winter jacket. As soon as I finish this sweater I will take the Waif's sweater. I hope to have both sweaters done before the cold weather sets in.


No comments: